I know this may create some controversy but it must be done.
Here is my list for the worst chain restaurants.
1) Johnny Rockets (sorry cuz) This place is terrible. They essentially serve hamburgers and french fries and they can not even get that right. I just went to one in South Beach when I had the plague and was craving a burger and fries. How disappointed I was. It was almost not edible. I never leave over food and I could not finish the fries - that says a lot. I will say that they had delicious fresh squeezed OJ there - it may be because I was in Florida though.
2) Charley Browns - Just kinda gross. The salad bar is nothing special and the menu items are not original and not good.
3) Sizzler - There was a time when I did kind of like this place but I was a kid, I guess I did not know better. They do have very good ice cream as part of the buffet there. It reminds me of ice milk and I like that. So I guess if you have to go just order dessert.
4) Denny's - OK you are essentially a breakfast place and your eggs suck - come on I can make better eggs and I can not cook.
5) Friendly's - Overall I find this place dirty and consistently has bad service at all locations. I do like the sundae on the kids menu where they make the sundae look like a clown by putting the cone on top and using whipped cream to make curly hair and reese's to make the eyes and nose. That is creative so I will give them that. I guess it was also a fun place to go in High School after a movie or something. I have some memories of doing that I think.
6) Heartland Brewery - This is a NY chain. A Brewery should have a kick butt (I will keep my blog PG) burger and they do not. It is one of those burgers that is not juicy, very dry and does not have a lot of taste. I also do not remember really liking the beer that they brew which again I mean come on you are a Brewery have a decent beer.
7) Bennigan's - There was a time when this was like the only chain restaurant in Rockland - what a sad time it was. Thanks Bretty for calling Friday's and Cheesecake and telling them to open in Rockland - you rock. Anyway, again just a boring menu where nothing stands out. The other chains like Friday's and Chili's are just much better so go there.
8) Ninety-Nine Restaurant - They have these around Boston a lot - what a surprise like most things in Boston - not so good (Tara and Sombs are good though)
9) Cracker Barrel - You think it is going to be just like a delicious home cooked meal (because I get those a lot) but it is not. I do not love the breakfast and the lunch menu does not look good at all. If you are driving and see one, keep going.
10) Wagamama - ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG YUCKKKKKKKK!!! Before I went to London a few summers ago everyone told me how much I was going to love this place how it was one of their favorite things about London. Ummm are you kidding me it was disgusting - I could not eat it. I would never go again.
11) Olive Garden - I simply have to write this because this place makes me violently ill. I know I do not have an iron stomach but I have never felt as sick as I felt after eating here. I will not go into details but you can imagine.
Alright let me know what you think. I am sure this will create some commotion.