Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hale & Hearty - Yummy, Yummy


Really, I should have posted this a long time ago but in honor of my lunch today I am going to talk about Hale & Hearty. I am absolutely in love with this place.
Hale & Hearty is a soup and salad place located on almost every other block in NYC. Most of them have lines a mile long at 12:30 pm so you have to scout out the good ones that are not as busy to ensure yourself a speedy enjoyable experience. Sometimes waiting in line for a long time makes me crazy and antsy and that is never a good thing.
I am going to start with the salads because that is what I most often get. I first must commend them for allowing you to get a few freebies. I mean really all salad places should do this. How dare they charge $3.25 for a bowl of chopped up lettuce and then think it is alright to charge you $1.00 for a scoop of almonds. Anyway, Hale & Hearty at least gives you some carrots, onions and cucumbers as part of the basic price. So I pretty much get the same salad every time I go and it is always delicious. I try to go to other salad places and none compare. I get carrots, cucumbers, apples, walnuts, golden raisin and my new pick, mozzarella balls. For dressing, this the tricky part, I get a mix of the Hale and Hearty vinaigrette and balsamic vinegar. I have to thank my friend red headed Kate for coming up with this combo. It is nothing short of genius. There are lots of other choices to put in your salad like avocado, chicken, shrimp, craisins, goat cheese, corn, etc but I found what I like so I am sticking to it. I also always get a piece of their seven grain bread which is very tasty.
The soups here are also far superior than that of what other lunch places serve. My personal favorites are the Senegalese Chicken (which pretty much tastes like pad thai and is amazing), Cream of Tomato with Chicken and Orzo, Texas Beef Chili, actually I like all of the tomato soups and once I tried the Spinach Artichoke Cheddar one and it was pretty much spinach artichoke dip so that obviously rocks. I also just looked online and they have a Vegetable one with pesto that says it is low fat so I clearly need to try that ASAP.
I know the soups here are generally a bit more than at other places but they are kind of worth the extra price because of all the extra flavor.
This place also has sandwich's but I never get those but word on the street is that they are decent too.


7 comments:

KATE said...

Genius? Word.

Unknown said...

I love hale and hearty they have by far the best soups...my favorites includes:

- Spinach Artichoke Cheddar ( basically spinach artichoke dip soup)
-Sweet Potatoe Bisque
-Macaroni and Cheese with Beef ( I can only handle a small of this)
-Tomato Cheddar
-Chicken Chilli
-Butternut Squash
-Italian Lentil with Pastini
-Ten Vegetable

One of the best parts about hale and hearty is the oyster crackers they give you to dunk in your soup

Unknown said...

How have I never heard of this place? I'll have to try it when I'm home next.

Jesse said...

We don't have "Soup Places" in Phoenix, and to be quite honest the idea is a bit foreign to me.

In the imaginary world where I someday go to New York, I'll have to check it out.

Rori said...

Come, stay with Princess Lovey Dovey in her pink apt.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sapresodas.net/][img]http://sapresodas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]cheap software to, [url=http://sapresodas.net/]how do i convert acdsee art files to jpeg files[/url]
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]selling a software product[/url] 9 Advanced Mac Retail software when to buy
buy copied software [url=http://sapresodas.net/]of oem software[/url] acdsee pro 2 ebooks torrents
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]filemaker pro 9 serial number[/url] buy android software
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]cheap software to buy[/url] buying business software
educational software purchase [url=http://sapresodas.net/]discount software ms[/url][/b]

Unknown said...

navigate here replica ysl take a look at the site here replica designer bags Visit Website replica designer backpacks