Monday, May 28, 2007

Seasons 52 - Outstanding


I have been spending lots of time in Hotlanta lately which is really good for this blog because it allows me to sample chain restaurants in other parts of the country. Lucky me. Most recently I had the honor to dine at what I think should be the new trend in chain restaurants. The place is called Seasons 52. It is called that because they change the menu 4 times a year to coordinate with the 4 different seasons and use fresh ingredients in all their food. What is simply amazing about this place is that everything on the menu is under 475 calories. What, that is like a Lean Cuisine meal. I can not believe this. The menu reads like every other chain restaurant menu. Sandwiches, big salads, Entrees, etc. This was not some crazy health food, granola loving place. Oh no, it is a beautifully designed upscale chain. I think I found my heaven.
To start I shared the specialty of the restaurant, flat breads. These are just long, flat pieces of specialty pizzas essentially. We got the Garlic Chicken one and it was very good. It is perfect for sharing among a group of 4 people. They also have edamame on the menu which is one of my favorite foods so I was really happy to see that. The starter salads they offer also look very nice.
I did not get one because I was getting a big salad as my entree. Now, you will not believe what kind of salad I got. It was called a Chicken Parm Salad. How cool is that? It was just grilled chicken, peppers, capers, shaved parmigiana cheese, and a lemon-pepper dressing. It was delicious and very filling! They also offer lots of sandwich's, chicken and pasta dishes, fish and even steak! And remember they claim everything is under 475 calories.
One of the coolest parts of this restaurant are their desserts. Again all are under their calorie guidelines. They are "mini indulgences" So cute! They are fun desserts served in what looks like a big shot glass. I think their are around 8 choices that your waiter comes over and shows you. I got the Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Moose. I was in Atlanta so I figured that was a good choice. Others that looked really good are the Red Velvet Cake, Old Fashioned Carrot Cake and Strawberry Mango Cheesecake.
To sum it all up, they need to open up more places like this very soon. If anyone from Seasons 52 is reading this, please open up in NY. I would go all the time.

1 comment:

steve said...

It's ashame that all the good chain restaurants are not in new york. Maybe your blog can fix that?