Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day - Hello Summer!



Hello Summer, my favorite time of year! Yup because in the summer my suburban lunch favorite, Panera, brings back my favorite salad, the Strawberry Poppyseed salad. This yummy, delicious salad is topped with strawberries, duh, blueberries, pineapples, manadarin oranges, pecans and chicken. Plus it is made with a non-fat special dressing. Perfect lunch on a hot summer day. Have that with their classic iced green tea and it is guaranteed to be a good day. They also add a tomato and fresh mozzarella salad for the summer. I am not a big tomato fan but that salad looks good too. This summer they have added a new low fat strawberry smoothie to the menu that I would like to try and a passion fruit bagel. I think the passion fruit bagel sounds very interesting. The Chicken Pomodoro Panini is another new addition to the menu that I would like to try in the near future. The only thing I am a bit afraid of with that is that the chicken is smoked and pulled. I am not really a smoked chicken fan. I like it grilled.

No comments: