Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Dunkin Donuts - I think I love you
Nobody just likes Dunkin Donuts, you either love it or you hate it. I am proud to say that I love it. It really is one of the greatest places ever. They were one of the first people to introduce the Coolata that really revolutionized coffee drinking in the East.
I can probably write about it forever, so for now I am just going to highlight some of my favorite things and memories of this place.
1) Drinking Coolatas in the summer with my mom. These things are really the most delicious thing on the menu. When I found out just how many calories were in them I stopped drinking but if you really want a cooling, relaxing treat, go for it!
2) Having Nina drive the block to Dunkin Donuts on the way to school and drinking my iced coffee in my Journalism class while everyone else looked on in jealousy because they did not live near the Dunkin Donuts like I did.
3) Having Nina and Josh go and get us Dunkin Donuts on Sunday mornings. That was nice. She made eggs too!
4) French Vanilla Iced Coffee - when it is made just right, it is perfection!
5) Whole Wheat Bagles and Cream Cheese - With my iced coffee, it is the perfect Sunday breakfast.
6) Frosted Donuts with sprinkles - so yummy, what a treat!
7) Munchkins - When I first started at the Post I brought then on meetings, it was my signature move! Now I rely on adult beverages.
8) Going on dates with the sketchy kid I met at Dunkin Donuts. I do not know how many other places where you can be totally out of it the day after Halloween with sparkles still on your face and end up meeting a sketchy dude who is still in his Halloween costume that you only will refer to as Dunkin to your friends.
9) 3:00pm coffee runs to Dunkin for myself and the Finance boys. Yes, they never get it right when I order it but I like the 3:00pm coffee runs. It is cute.
10) Dunkin Smoothies - Thanks for advertising!!!!!!!!!!!!! They really are tasti and delicious and cost less than most other smoothie places.
America Runs on Dunkins and I like to run so we really are a perfect match.