Tuesday, May 26, 2009

From What I Remember, Heartland Brewery Was Pretty Solid


As a self proclaimed patriot, Memorial Day is a very special holiday to me. To celebrate the 3 day weekend I participated in pretty much a booze fest with my lady friends that are just as lady like as me. On Sunday I made my way to South Street Seaport and needed a hearty meal to get me through my marathon event. I decided that Heartland Brewery would be the best bet. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with my experience there. To start the meal we got the popcorn shrimp. They were very tasty and not too greasy at all. They were a great size to be shared with the group I was with. For my meal I got a big burger! It was cooked just the way I like it, medium and full of flavor. It was a very good burger. When I have been here before, the burgers were not as good. They also let me substitute mashed potatos for fries. The beers were also very good. I had to take a break to regroup a bit but my friends had some delicious ones, especially this raspberry flavored one. I had a sip and it was delicious. I really recommend the South Street Seaport location. With the opening of the new Water Taxi Beach down there, I have a feeling I will be down there a lot!



1 comment:

liz said...

As one who works near the Seaport, I am actually surprised by your positive review. I always thought the Seaport Heartland had the worst food of all the locations - I don't enjoy the southern bbq theme. However, the beer sampling thing is excellent!