Monday, June 30, 2008

The House That Arod Built


I am so embarrassed that I did not know about this sooner (my brother took almost a week to tell me) but opening up at the new Yankee Stadium (my most favorite place in the world) will be a Hard Rock Cafe. Can you believe it?? A mecca chain. Actually the grand daddy of the theme chains will be finding a home in Yankee Stadium. I really do not understand the marriage of the two, Hard Rock and Sports??? I think an ESPN Zone or Fox Sports Grill would have made more sense but what do I know? I am just a lowly chain food blogger.

No matter what they better have a section dedicated to Bernie Williams and his music. That would be awesome!

Also I think I would buy a Hard Rock Cafe Yankee Stadium T. I can see those being really cool. I am excited to see the merchandise they will offer. I also wonder if the menu will be more stadium like or will it be consistent what is offered in most of the other Hard Rocks.
Another thing I think is cool is that the restaurant will be open all year and you can eat there without tickets to the game. You will not be able to see the field at all but I imagine the atmosphere will be awesome and probably a fun place to watch the game if you don't have tickets to a big playoff game or something.

No comments: