Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Wild Wild West


I am on my way back to NY waiting in the airport for my plane but I wanted to do a quick posting about my trip to LA. I have to say I was really disappointed by the diversity of the chains here. Besides In N Out Burger and Carls Jr, I did not notice any chains we do not have in NY. I guess there were a few Mexican ones but I really was not in LA long enough to notice what is a chain and what is not. I probably need to expore the outskirts of the city to really find the good chains we do not have in NY.
There is a BLT Steak in West Hollywood. Maybe next time I am in LA I will go there so I can write about it. The BLT's are so becoming huge mecca chains.
Oh I thought of something else that might be cool to explore and find. The first California Pizza Kitchen. I bet that is in LA somewhere. OMFG, the first Cheesecake Factory is also in LA. I def need to pay my respects and make a visit there. Good thing I will be back soon.
My quick trip did make me reconfirm my love of Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. I thought I liked my Atlanta Caribou Coffee more but no way. My heart belongs to the Coffee Bean.
Anyway I have a few more things to talk about but for now I will just wallow in the lack of LA chain diversity.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There are a host of Mexican food joints out here: Rubios and Del Taco, among others. I wouldn't recommend Del Taco to anyone. Natives like Rubios, but I'm not a fan. If I need a burrito, I'll go to Chipotle.

And yes, the original CPK is in Beverly Hills. (I've got a story about that place).

Rori said...

Brian please share the story. I noticed some Del Tacos. I guess I wil try Rubios next time I am there.