Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Airport Chain


Lately I have been spending a lot of time in airports and will probably continue to be doing so in the future. I have always been fascinated by the airport chain. I do not mean the typical Burger King, Au Bon Pain, Starbucks that are pretty standard in most terminals. I mean the kind of abridged version of sit down chains that are located in many airports. I have seen abridged Friday's, CPK's (which I think is CPK ASAP which is kinda cute), On the Border and Chill's (Too) to name a few. Anyway I had some extra time before my delightful red eye back to NYC so I decided to try one out. Located in the American Airlines LAX terminal is a Chilli's Too (that is about all that is there). The menu is a smaller (abridged) version of the regular menu with most of the basics and favorites like burgers, buffalo wings, fajitas and salads. I saw my favorite salad on the menu, the Grilled Caribbean Chicken Salad but sadly they were all out of that. That kind of upset me because I have been trying (key word is trying) to be healthy before my big trip to Spain. Anyway I made a quick decision and decided to get the fajita quesidillas. I got a mix of both chicken and steak and they were surprisingly delicious. I was really, really impressed. It was also a huge portion!!! I even did not finish it and I consider myself a competitive eater (Tim Janus - Eater X - you are my hero!). Also the wait staff here is very nice. They do not rush you out and even brought me a huge side of guac for my quesidillas.

So if you are ever in an airport and see a Chilli's Too. Go in, it is delicious and way better than airplane food, not that they serve food on planes anymore.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Chilli's Too in the Houston airport is also pretty awesome