Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jackson Hole - A Chain Food Bust


As any loyal reader of this site knows, I love traveling so I can explore all that different cities and countries offer in the culinary realm, especially what kind of chain restaurants they have. When I went to Jackson Hole, Wyoming I was expecting your typical fast food chains, maybe a Denny's and an Applebee's and perhaps some BBQ chains I was unfamiliar with.

Well, much to my dismay, Jackson Hole has only two chain restaurants, Wendys and Dairy Queen. That is it, no McDonalds, no Starbucks, no Chillis. I was shocked to say the least. I even asked the cab driver on the way to see the Elk, "Sir, do you have any chain restaurants here, you know like Friday's or Cheesecake Factory." His reply, "hmmm we used to have this 24 hr diner that was opened from 6 am - 9 pm, ha ha ha." Not funny cowboy man.

I really loved Jackson Hole, there are 7 cowboys for every cowgirl, to quote my dad, but I obviously could never live here. I would have a chapped face (like I do now) from skiing all day and then be fat from eating so much bacon wrapped steak at non-chain establishments.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually found the 24-hour diner thing pretty funny.