Monday, September 22, 2008
Rise, Shine and Have Some Chain Food
This is a topic I have never touched upon before. I realized I never wrote about the most important meal of the day......breakfast. I love breakfast! Last night I was in bed and all I could think about was French Toast Sticks. Breakfast is probably the one meal where I like most options on the menu. I think one of the greatest indulgences around is the breakfast options at fast food chains. McDonalds and Burger King have amazing breakfasts. When I was a freshman in college before I would go to my Hip Hop Dance class I would stop in McDonald's on Comm Ave to get a McDonalds breakfast. It was my treat for working so hard in Hip Hop.
Here is my list of my favorite breakfast items at Burger King and McDonalds.
1) McDonald's Hash Brown. Those ovals are heaven in a paper wrapping. Add some salt and pepper and you have perfection.
2) Burger King French Toast Sticks. These sticks are just right. Crispy on the outside, warm and eggy on the inside. Dip them in syrup and you got your self a pretty sweet meal.
3) Burget King Croissantwich. What a great idea, eggs, bacon and a croissant. I must have one of these sometime soon again.
4) McDonald's Bacon and Egg Biscuit. Notice I do not put cheese because I do not like cheese on my eggs. Also if you order it this way, you know it is fresh because they have to make it special for you. Everyone likes something special, right?
5) McDonald's pancakes, or as they call them, Hotcakes. These things are awesome. Light, fluffy and served in that awesome Styrofoam plate. These remind me of being a kid. I guess I ate them a lot as a kid.
I have to admit that I have never tried a McGriddle. I always wanted to but never got around to it. I think this posting has inspired me to go try one. Perhaps tomorrow morning???