Tuesday, July 17, 2007
That Special Day Is One Day Away
One more day until one of the greatest days of the year, Joe Torre's birthday, oh and mine of course. This special day brings a huge debate to the table, what chain to I go to for my birthday lunch? This might be more simple if I lived in a suburb and had the luxury of almost every chain at my fingertips. Instead, I am stuck on Manhattan Island and must chose from what is offered here. What I am asking for is your help, my loyal readers, in choosing where I dine on the day I officially become kind of old.
Here is a list, in no specific order, of what the island of Manhattan has to offer me on my birthday.
1) California Pizza Kitchen ( I like it a lot)
2) Del Friscos (Can I handle a big steak for lunch, probably)
3) Capital Grill (Always a soft spot in my heart)
4) Apple Bee's (Two things to celebrate, being bought by IHOP and my Bday)
5) Red Lobster (The birth of me and the birth of the blog)
6) Bubba Gump (Been there, done that)
7) Ted's Montana Grill (Been there, done that, but would do it again)
8) McDonald's (Oh what a treat it would be, my favorite restaurant)
9) Wendy's (Very convenient, in my building and all)
10) Carmine's (We all know it is a chain now)
11) Nobu (OMG such a chain)
12) Heartland Brewery (No way jose)
13) McCormick & Schmicks (eh, rather go to Red Lobster)
14) Morton's (Never been, could be nice to try it)
15) Ruth Chris Steak House (Same as Morton's)
16) Pizzera Uno
17) Rosa Mexicana (I would usually pull for this but I am having Mexican for dinner)
18) Houston's (Almost forgot about that one, hmm that is a good one)
I will just put 18 up, for good luck!