Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bad Salad's, Bad

Beautiful day in NYC if you love the heat like I do!  Too bad my office is so cold I might freeze in a heatwave, lovely.
While reading The Daily Beast this AM I came across this long list of VERY unhealthy salads.  These are VERY bad for the super bridesmaid diet.
Everything you think would be bad is bad.  The fried chicken and buffalo chicken salads, anything with blue cheese, etc.  I was upset to see one of my favorite salads on here, The Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad.  One surprise that did stand out to me was the California Pizza Kitchen Salad Miso Shrimp Salad.  That sounds pretty healthy to me but it has over 1100 calories!  Oh well, Ill stick to their Spinach Artichoke Dip and Roasted garlic Chicken Pizza.
Check out the full gallery here.  I have a feeling they only tested a few places and that every chain had salads with over 1,000 calories in them.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/1818/1/?redirectURL=http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-07-05/40-most-unhealthy-salads/?cid=hp:beastoriginalsR1


2 comments:

liz said...

you should get the oriental chicken salad with grilled rather than friend chicken...

Food Joints said...

Wow this looks absolutely good and probably taste delicious