Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Happy New Year Japs!
1) Haru - Japs love sushi and with the many outposts in NYC, this media lunch staple is a Jap heaven! Miso Eggplant??
2) Tasti d Lite - This sort of frozen yogurt chain really started the trend of allowing Japs to indulge in their sweet tooth. Where else could one enjoy cookies and cream for 100 calories?
3) Berry Wild/Pink Berry/Red Mango - I am lumping all 3 together for this list because every Jap has her fave among them. These more natural frozen yogurt chains are all the rage. Even mommy dawg is into them with all of their fresh fruit and other fun toppings. I am a moochi kinda lady.
4) Houston's - What Jappy girl doesn't love to go to Houston's? With their array of fun salads, delicious burgers, spinach artichoke dip and now SUSHI!! This is a Jappy must!
5) California Pizza Kitchen - With prime spots in all of the Jappy locations (Bloomingdale's, Murray Hill, Garden State Plaza, Prudential Center, etc) it is almost by default that this chain is so beloved. I might even consider this an old-school stomping ground.
6) Nobu - What Jap does not dream of her honeymoon in Mykonos and dinner at Nobu or her anniversary date and the chance of spotting a celeb there in NY or LA.
7) Chop't - A salad chain must be included and this is the one I picked. A bit pricey, but with all the fancy, low call dressings, it is a Jappy lunch dream.
8) Dos Caminos - This made the list over the other Mexican chains because of their small portions (those tacos are tiny) and because of their new meatpacking district location. Ample outdoor seating, yes please!
I would appreciate comments with ones I might have missed. I am pretty, pretty low on the Jap totem pole (if I am even on it) so any feed back would be helpful.