Friday, October 24, 2008

War Zone Food and Fun


First I must give a big shout out to my little bro the Fresh Prince of Chains, Bretty.
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are so cute.

Weird that I am going to focus this posting about the food chains in the war zone of Iraq on Brett's birthday but I think it is such an interesting topic that I could not wait to write about it.
My friend is actually in Iraq now so I have exclusive details about what chains are found in Iraq.

He said "All of the major bases have fast food restaurants that are setup through the Army/Air force exchange service. I've seen Taco Bell,Pizza Hut, Cinnabon, Burger King, Subway and their was even a McDonalds in Kuwait. But as far as in the cities, no."
Pretty crazy right, they have Pizza Hut and all that fun stuff on the bases. Thank God, because they deserve it. Actually they should really have like Capital Grille and Rosa Mexicana, forget Taco Bell. Cinnabon is pretty awesome though. If I was in Iraq I would probably treat myself to Cinnabon at least once a week.

Also I learned that someone did try to open up a McDonald's in Iraq but wasn't allowed so he opened a MaDonal and it was basically the same thing but that is now closed to because he was getting all these crazy threats from Al Qaeda and McDonald's. Ummmm that is scary. No french fry is worth Al Qaeda coming after you. Hellz no.

Anyway, happy bday Brett and God Bless Our Troops.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRETT!!!! My favorite little brother in-law to be.

Wow rori this is a ery interesting article...I agree teh troops should get Capital Grill and Rosa but I'm sure that taco bell and pizza hut is a treat compared to the sandy mystery meat they were probably used to.... I once saw this story on dateline about school lunches and what troops eat while they are stationed in foreign countries and it was really gross so at least they can have some stuffed crust and some chicken nuggies.

Love Lilo